- Important dates
Paper submission: October 12, 2018 – 11:59pm EDT Paper submission (extended): October 19, 2018 – 11:59pm EDT Acceptance Notification: December 11, 2018 Poster & Demo submission: January 11, 2019 Poster & Demo notifications: January 18, 2019 Papers Camera Ready: January 20, 2019 Posters/Demos Camera Ready: January 25, 2019 Student Travel Grant deadline: January 25, 2019 Student Travel Grant notifications: January 28, 2019 Early registration: February 1, 2019
- Workshop: February 27-28, 2019
Celebrating the Birth of Mobile Computing
Heavy rains are expected in the Santa Cruz mountains on Tuesday 2/26, and highway CA-17 from San Jose to Santa Cruz can be very dangerous in heavy rains. Please drive carefully if you plan to take that route. Also, if you’re coming from SFO, consider taking an alternate route: CA-92 to CA-1. From SJC or OAK, consider an alternate route of highway US-101 to CA-129 to CA-1.
Pioneers Panel: The Past, Present and Future of Mobile Computing
HotMobile 2019 will feature a unique Pioneers Panel about the past, present and future of mobile computing.
Almost 25 years ago, in December 1994 at Santa Cruz, CA, the world's first research forum on mobile computing took place. This was the First IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, that has now evolved into the HotMobile series of annual workshops. Since those early roots, mobile computing and wireless communication have become indispensible in our daily lives. Many other research forums such as MobiCom, MobiSys, MobiHoc, SenSys, and SEC have since arisen to sustain and enhance the excitement and momentum of those early years.
At the Twentieth Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (ACM HotMobile 2019) on February 27-28, 2019, we are celebrating the "25 Years of Mobile Computing" and return to the exact location of the 1994 workshop (Dream Inn in Santa Cruz, CA).
HotMobile 2019 continues the series of highly selective, interactive workshops focused on mobile applications, systems, and environments, as well as their underlying state-of-the-art technologies. HotMobile's small workshop format makes it ideal for processing and discussing new directions or controversial approaches.Tweets by @ACMHotMobile
Add #ACMHotMobile to your tweets.
- 27 Feb 2019 — All papers are now available on the ACM DL.
- 16 Feb 2019 — Accepted posters and demos available online
- 31 Jan 2019 — Updated hotel information available
- 19 Jan 2019 — The program is available online
- 19 Jan 2019 — Registration is now open
- 16 Jan 2019 — Student travel grant added
- 5 Jan 2019 — Additional submission details added to CfP for Posters and Demos.
- 22 Dec 2018 — Find out more about the pioneers panel.
- 15 Dec 2018 — Book your hotel room online
- 12 Dec 2018 — List of accepted papers available
- 12 Dec 2018 — Call for posters and demos available online
- 11 Dec 2018 — Notifications are out. 26 of 57 papers accepted/conditionally accepted.
- 08 Oct 2018 — Submission deadline extended
- 04 Oct 2018 — Hotel & travel information are available
- 08 Sep 2018 — Submission server is open
- 29 Aug 2018 — Call for papers available online
- 29 Aug 2018 — Website is launched