- Rooms at Lakeway Resort have been reserved at a discount rate of $139 per night (same for single or double), with a daily discounted resort fee of $16, for the nights of March 1-4.
- Please use the online registration link below or call the central reservation number below to receive the discounted rate.
- Group Name for HotMobile 2020: ACM HotMobile2020
- Group Code for HotMobile 2020: 104399
- Reservation deadline (extended): February 14, 2020
- Please note that the number of discounted rooms is limited. We recommend to book rooms as soon as possible.
- Web: Online reservations
- Phone: +1-844-866-0366
- Please note that the reservation system (online and by phone) will let you book only the contracted nights at the discount rate. If you need to book an extra night or two before or after the event, please first book the main conference nights, then contact Elinapavlukhina@lakewayresortandspa.com (or call +1-512-261-7314) to extend your reservation at the group rate.
ACM HotMobile 2020 is located in the lakeshore community of Lakeway, TX, in the hills just to the west of Austin, TX. The venue is about a 30-40 minute drive from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Car rental, rideshare, taxi, and limo services are all available from the airport.
For more information and driving directions, please see the venue website at: https://www.lakewayresortandspa.com/location.
Visa Support Letter
For visa support letters, please send all requests to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. Those requesting a letter should allow up to one week to receive it, as requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request:
- Name (as it appears on attendee's passport) and mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Include your registration confirmation number
- If you are the author of any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title. If you are a speaker, please provide the title/topic of your speech.
- Include a fax number or email address of where we can send the letter.
Student Travel Grant
Deadline: Feb 10th, 2020
Notification: Feb 18th, 2020
Travel support will provide up to $800 per domestic student and up to $1,500 per international student to help cover the cost of the student's travel. Although student authors of HotMobile 2020 papers who are also presenting posters will be given priority for travel awards, we will seriously consider applications from presenters of solely posters and demos, as well as students who have not previously attended HotMobile and do not have a presentation/poster/etc. We strongly encourage the participation from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, or persons from developing countries. Some of the awardees will be selected to play visible roles in the organization and running of ACM HotMobile 2020, including registration desk duties and/or writing and publishing a workshop summary.
Applications for the travel award should be completed by filling out the google form here. If there are any questions, please contact the HotMobile 2020 Student Travel Grant Chair, Corey Baker at email@example.com by the deadline. The subject line of the email should be: HotMobile 2020 Travel Grant Application. Please make sure that you receive an electronic confirmation of your submission. An application should consist of the following: the student's CV, a short personal statement (maximum one page), and a supporting letter from the student's advisor.
The student's short personal statement should include:
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
- Type of participation at HotMobile 2020 (e.g., poster/demo presenter, paper presenter, etc.).
- A description of areas reflected in the HotMobile 2020 program that would impact the student's research.
- Importance of attending the conference to the student's research activities.
In addition, the student's advisor should send a letter of recommendation to the committee. It should include:
- Confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing.
- The suitability of HotMobile 2020 program to the student's research area.
- Ways in which attending the workshop would benefit the particular student.
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
- The financial needs of the student in traveling to HotMobile 2020.
Applications will be reviewed by the HotMobile Travel Awards Committee, and the awards will be announced prior to the workshop. Please note that the reimbursement amount will be subject to change based on the number of awardees. Eligible expenses for reimbursement include advance student registration, hotel, and air travel. Expenses that are not eligible for reimbursement include regular and/or on-site registration, meals, and local transportation (taxis, shuttles, parking, etc.). Student travel grants are available in the form of reimbursements that are sent after the completion of the conference and receipt of all required documentation and receipts.
For any questions, please contact the HotMobile 2020 Student Travel Grant Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.